Dis-assemble & re-assemble a tap
HOW TO DIS-ASSEMBLE A TAP
1. Turn tap on to remove excess water
2. Unscrew tap button or grub screws and remove handle
3. Unscrew and remove the flange
4. Unscrew tap bonnet and spindle assembly with the aid of a tap spanner
HOW TO RE-ASSEMBLE A TAP
1. Locate new FIX-A-TAP tap valve, body washer and o'ring.
2. Lubricate o'ring, tap bonnet and spindle assembly.
3. Re-assemble tap bonnet, flange and handle.
4. With tap turned off, turn on the mains water supply.
If in doubt, use our online Plumbers Directory to locate a plumber near you!
Please refer to your local plumbing regulations before commencing any DIY plumbing