Dis-Assemble & Re-Assemble a Tap
Water Wastage Fact
A steady dribble from a shower, spout or a garden tap can waste 50,000 litres per year, about the size of an average swimming pool, a cost of approx $50.00.
Water Saving Fact
To repair a leaking tap will cost approx $3.00 and may save $50.00 per year.
Dis-Assembling a Tap
- Turn off the mains water supply
- Turn tap on to remove excess water
- Unscrew tap button or grub screws and remove handle
- Unscrew and remove the flange
- Unscrew tap bonnet and spindle assembly with the aid of a tap spanner
Re-Assembling a Tap
- Locate new FIX-A-TAP tap valve, body washer and o'ring.
- Lubricate o'ring, tap bonnet and spindle assembly.
- Re-assemble tap bonnet, flange and handle.
- With tap turned off, turn on the mains water supply.
If in doubt, contact a licensed plumber.
Please refer to your local plumbing regulations before commencing any DIY plumbing